Stewardship Education Alliance
Purpose of Grant:
To support projects, courses, or programs including equipment proposed by teachers that help advance the mission and vision of the Stewardship Education Alliance.
MISSION: To increase community awareness of ways to be better stewards of our local watersheds.
VISION: An educated and engaged community preserving and improving the local watershed.
Teachers in public and independent schools in the five towns that serve Camden Hills High School are eligible to Teachers in public and independent schools in Appleton,Camden, Hope, Lincolnville, and Rockport, Maine are eligible to apply for a grant.
High school students may apply for individual or group projects if they have the support of a teacher.
We encourage using local resident Elizabeth (Beedy) Parker’s book A Natural History of Camden and Rockport (1984) as a baseline against which to observe and record change in our local watersheds. (To download this book go to: https://mainenaturalhistory.org/natural-history-camden-rockport)
Terms of the Grant:
1. Projects must include data collection by students, or training to prepare teachers for such projects.
2. Grants must not be for expenses covered by taxes.
3. Grant applications will be reviewed by a committee.
4. A second committee will review implementation upon completion.
5. Grantees must submit a review to S.E.A. of their project or program, and share that information with colleagues.
6. Grantees will present work supported by a grant from S.E.A. at a celebration in January, 2024, and will have the opportunity to share their work at S.E.A. FAIR, June 2, 2023.
7. Please submit the attached application form by December 4, 2023 to: info@StewardshipEducationAlliance.org
8. Grants will be awarded in late December, 2023.
Maximum Amount of the Grant: $500
Please apply online at https://stewardshipeducationalliance.org/grants/ or send your completed application to:
For further information call: 207-992-3039
MISSION: To increase community awareness of
ways to be better stewards of our local
VISION: An educated and engaged community
preserving and improving the local watershed.